Friday, February 19, 2010

JUMP!

We are currently getting ready for dinner, so there's no time to write a detailed entry... but I simply cannot wait to share these pictures. And they say pictures say 1,000 words anyway...

One of my goals of this trip was to face my fears of heights and water in one fell swoop.... by jumping into the ocean.

I started with a couple of warm-up jumps off the lower platform, which is maybe 6 or 7 feet over the water (more or less, depending on the size of the waves)


Standing on the lower platform



Jumping from the lower platform


Checking out the drop.




My big debate was deciding whether to jump from the bridge (which is slightly lower) or jump from the high cliff platform. After much consideration, standing on the edge of each, I realized I would never stand on the edge and jump. No no... my feet would not allow me to jump. I needed to run and leap, so there was no going back... no chance to change my mind... and as I was somewhat afraid that running across the bridge and leaping halfway across would land me too close to the rocks on the other side, I opted for the higher cliff platform.

I walked back and forth to the edge a few times, looking over to make sure I'd clear the cliff, then walking back. Finally I stood back about 8 feet, gave D a thumb's up, and with Jen's voice in my head screaming "FUCKING JUMP! DO IT!" I ran...

The Big Jump.



After Jumping


I was shaking in this picture, you just can't see it. :)

4 comments:

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Very, very proud of you.

Kirstin said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO PROUD! YOU ARE A GODDESS! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jade said...

Thank you! D got some video of walking up to the edge of the cliff (we decided that jumping with the camera was a bad idea) but I'll figure out how to post that soon so you can see from that point of view

RD said...

Awesome!. I am really proud that you just did it and jumped!